LinkShare

LinkShare_468x60v1

Friday, July 8, 2011

CAT COLONY

SET UP A FEEDING STATION OR SHELTER AT A FERAL 

CAT COLONY .Feeding stations and shelters for free-roaming cats are relatively easy and inexpensive to set up.  There are many options available from elaborate buildings to simple plastic bins. I have done this on my own back porch and it makes me feel good to see them have fresh water and food. Also if you live in a very hot or cold place you will need to provide shade or some old blankets you don't use anymore. To some it might sound like allot but it really takes very little to do so.
Now with feeding that comes out of pocket and can get costly some shelters can help you or give info where you can get free food or samples but for the most part its on you. You can ask for donations to help pay for food with the flyer's or adds telling others what your doing.

I have had a cat colony for about 4 years now and enjoy it so much. You get to know them all might even give them names like I do. Its really helped me in my life I feel like I'm making a difference. And in the 4 years I have seen a big decrease in how many cats are in the neighborhood. But it was not just me that did it like I said before you can make flyer's and ask others around you for help as well. I went to everyone on my block and so many helped me. Also from the flyer's I left on cars at stores I got an amazing response from people wanted to help  donate it really made all the difference with out them I could have never payed for the food and stuff it takes to feed a cat colony by myself.


Just make sure you get them all Spay/Neutered you don't want your cat colony to keep growing. We need to stop it before it gets bigger then it already is. After you do that theres nothing wrong with feeding and caring for the homeless cats. They need it.

 Please Donate
it depend on independent contributions from people like you. Any amount helps and the animals are extremely grateful.
Contact me at jd6026@yahoo.com ( We could always use it)
Or you can help a shelter of your choice I will be posting more on places you can help or get more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment